1. Navigate to the form settings
Navigate to your form and click on Coinbase Commerce and then click on “create one”
2. Choose the API method
Coinbase comes with a few options for capturing crypto through API. There are 3 methods and each has its benefits.
- Charges: Create a new charge. This is the recommended way if you prefer to have a redirect back to your site after payment.
- Checkout: Create a new checkout. A checkout can have multiple charges and can be managed through your coinbase dashboard.
- Invoice: Create a new invoice. This invoice can also be managed through your coinbase dashboard. For this a business name, customer name and customer email are required!
3. Fill in the checkout name
This is the title that will appear on the checkout page of Coinbase Commerce
4. Complete the Checkout Description
This is the description that will appear on the Checkout page of Coinbase Commerce
5. Logo URL
This is the logo that will appear on the checkout page. However, Coinbase Commerce is very picky about which images to accept. They currently only accept images hosted on Cloudinary or Coinbase servers. If you have an image on one of those then you can simply copy the full URL in the box.
6. Redirect URL
Enter a full url here. The user will be redirected to this page after completing the payment. The page can be any page on your website and you can also use the normal gravity forms merge tags there.
7. Cancel URL
Enter a full url here. The user will be redirected to this page when they cancel the payment. The page can be any page on your website and you can also use the normal gravity forms merge tags there.
8. Transaction Type
You have to select Products and Services here. Currently that is the only type supported by this plugin.
9. Payment Amount
Select what amount should be charged to the customer. This can be the form total or any product found in the current form.
10. Billing Information
This section is only needed for the invoices. All three fields should be mapped to create invoices.
TIP: The email should also be a valid email so best to select only email fields for that one!